SPOILER FREE - Avengers: Infinity War - Film Review

Infinitython Conclusion

THIS REVIEW IS COMPLETELY SPOILER FREE!

Avengers: Infinity War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo and stars everybody.

Plot
Now that Earth has put its mark on the universe through the Avengers, all superheroes, including ones from other parts of the Galaxy, need to join forces to stop the powerful Thanos from taking all the infinity stones and destroying the universe one planet at a time.

Review
This is going to be a short review, there's not much I can say without spoiling it.

Well this was something. I loved the movie, it's a blast, but it's not quite my favorite, it's in the top 5 though but I can't really go into why.

Without spoiling, the movie never looks like this but they're all three separate stories set at the same time, there's some characters on Titan, some characters in space, and some on Earth.

The characters are really good in here, but again I can't really say much about them.

I now want to talk as non-spoilery as I can about Thanos. I think Josh Brolin did a really good job, Thanos looks pretty realistic for someone who looks like a giant grape, he looks a lot better than he did in his other MCU appearances. Thanos is definitely one of the best villains the MCU has had in my opinion and I can't wait to see Josh Brolin as Cable in Deadpool 2 later this month.

This is also the longest movie in the MCU so far as it's over two and a half hours. For something with that runtime, I didn't feel bored. Last time I could really remember thinking that in the theater was when I saw Blade Runner 2049. I actually think this is a good thing and the Russos made this runtime work, well technically Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely did because they were the screenwriters.

This is what the past 10 years have been building up too and did it live up to the hype? Yeah I think so.

Overall, Avengers: Infinity War is a pretty great entry in my opinion.

Avengers: Infinity War gets a 9.5/10. Wasn't quite the 10/10 I was hoping for but it was good enough.

Sorry this was so short but there's not much I can say without spoiling it. Come back later for a spoiler filled review of the movie.

I'm not really sure what the next movie I'll be seeing for sure is so I don't know when I'll be back.

Previous review - Spider-Man: Homecoming
Next review - Avengers: Infinity War (SPOILER FILLED)

Or if you want to go by release, here's my review of the previous entry Black Panther.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday the 13th - Film Review

The Nun - Film Review

The Incredible Hulk - Film Review