Ant-Man and the Wasp - Spoiler Talk

This is another one of my Spoiler Talks but this time it's for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

One thing I want to get out of the way are the credits scenes. The mid-credits scene ties into Avengers: Infinity War with Scott going into the Quantum Realm and Hank, Janet, and Hope are supposed to bring him back after five seconds, but during the countdown, he loses contact with them, and it cuts back to our world and they've just disintegrated at the result of Thanos' snap, leaving Scott alone in the Quantum Realm.

The post credits scene is Scott's house, no one there, an emergency test pattern on the TV. Deserted. And then we get the giant ant that fills Scott's place playing electronic drums. It was in the trailer. If you're editing a trailer, don't put the post credits scene in there.

I want to talk about the villain, Ghost. If she can fade in and out of solid matter and can pass through solid matter, why haven't we seen her before? If she was around before the MCU, then why didn't Alexander Pierce send her to kill Captain America instead of Bucky? I guess he didn't know about her, but still. Pretty much every cinematic universe is like this. When something new happens in a new film, then why didn't they do it in the previous one? Her backstory is that her parents died in a lab accident which gave her powers and she's been taken in by Bill who tries to find a cure for her. She wants Janet back so she can make her normal again.

I do want to talk about Michelle Pfieffer as Janet van Dyne. In the movie, Scott has these dreams where it's like she's communicating with him, and when he tells Hank about it, he's kidnapped by Hope and they think they can bring back so they try to bring him back through Scott and a portal to the Quantum Realm to see if she might be alive. In the movie, Janet starts possessing Scott's body and talking to Hank and Hope, giving them coordinates to where she is, giving them a time limit. Hank goes into the Quantum Realm and comes back with Janet, and it's nice seeing her back with her husband and her daughter, but then they're just gone mid-credits because of Thanos.

Also, it's a little weird how she ages in the Quantum Realm, as she said that time in the real world and in the Quantum Realm are different (I think), but apparently they're quite similar as she ages 30 years. Also, how did she not starve to death in the Quantum Realm if she was in there for that long? I don't know, I'm not a theoretical physicist, so I'm not very educated on space-time and anything like that. Also, the Quantum Realm that Janet's stuck in looks kinda like Dormammu's world in Doctor Strange.

I do have a flaw that I couldn't mention in my normal review, when Janet comes back from the Quantum Realm, she touches Ghost's head like E.T. and she's back to normal and everything is fine. They were like "uhh, I dunno, there." I guess being in the Quantum Realm changed her a little bit, but it just gives her the power of healing without much of an explanation. I know they explain that gamma radiation is what turns Bruce Banner into the Hulk, but this is just weird. However, you do kinda have to look past the laws of physics with Ant-Man

Well that was the fourth Spoiler Talk I've done, I guess this is a series now. I'm not sure when I'm coming back, but some time in the future, so I may not be back for a while.

Previous review - Ant-Man and the Wasp (non-spoiler)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday the 13th - Film Review

The Nun - Film Review

The Incredible Hulk - Film Review