Deadpool 2 - Spoiler Talk

This isn't an official review of Deadpool 2, but it's just talking about some spoilers that I couldn't talk abo otut in my regular review. There is a lot to talk about and that I want to talk about, so I'll talk about that stuff here. Also, I'm not going into every single plot point in the movie, that would be impossible, just talking about what I remember.

Ok, something I was not expecting in the beginning was Vanessa's death. After Deadpool kills some bad guys in a building, more show up and Deadpool escapes and gets into Dopinder's cab. When he gets back home, Wade and Vanessa celebrate their anniversary and plan to start a family. The same guys that Deadpool run away from show up at his apartment. Wade kills most of them except for one who shoots Vanessa.

Wade then goes out and kills the man, but blames himself for her death.

Also, most of the X-Force just die right off the bat. Zeitgeist (Bill Skarsgard), Bedlam (Terry Crews), Shatterstar (Lewis Tan), Vanisher, and Peter (Rob Delaney) (#pray4peter) all die right off the bat because of the strong winds which Deadpool pretty much ignored.

Welp, since I guess we're talking about death, I truly thought Deadpool was going to die in the movie when he took a bullet to save Russell. But when he does die, he sees Vanessa in the after life and she tells him that it's not time for them to be together right now and he goes back to prevent his death by taking a bullet for Russell, but is blocked by a Skee-ball token that Wade got Vanessa for their anniversary.

I want to talk about cameos now. Brad Pitt has a cameo as Vanisher but he only appears for a split second before he dies. I thought that was cool. Alan Tudyk and Matt Damon cameo as two hillbillies who get asked by Cable what year it is before he steals their truck. I didn't know that until looking it up for this review.

Also, there's one scene where Deadpool says that there are pretty much no other X-Men than Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead when he's around, and then they show the other X-Men in a room behind him and they shut the door.

There's one scene where Deadpool gets ripped in half by Juggernaut and he starts growing new legs and they're just baby legs and the way Weasel describes it is hilarious.

One little part I loved was showing that Deadpool has a music box of Wolverine dying in Logan. That scene was hilarious. He also says that Logan was riding off his coat tails of Deadpool's R-rating.

I want to talk about the mid-credits scene. Deadpool has Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio fix one of Cable's time machines to fix the past. He kills the Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That was satisfying to watch because that movie is terrible. And seeing Wolverine in that scene just made it better even if it was just archived footage. Deadpool also kills Ryan Reynolds to stop Green Lantern from being made. He even goes back in time to stop Peter from dying.

I guess he kinda undoes Vanessa's death with the time machine. It makes it hard to follow and it's hard to wrap your head around it. It's very confusing. If he really did save Vanessa that that means that she could be in Deadpool 3, but then what's the point of Deadpool 2 if he changed the past? If he saves her, then it makes the afterlife scenes kinda pointless.

I really liked seeing the Juggernaut appear in the movie, he's actually CGI and looks like the Juggernaut from the comics and it's way better than how he was portrayed in X-Men: The Last Stand.

Also, when Deadpool's suit was covered with ashes, it totally looked like his X-Force suit from the comics. I have a feeling that was probably on purpose with them teaming up the X-Force and all.

Also, apparently this is the first same-sex relationship in a superhero movie ever. In the movie Negasonic Teenage Warhead has a girlfriend named Yukio. There was a character named Yukio in 2013's The Wolverine, but I don't know if they're the same character or just share the same name.

I can't really think of much else to say about the movie. I'm sure there's more, so I'm gonna end it right here. I gave my grade and final thoughts in the spoiler free review so you can read that if you want to know.

This is my second time doing a spoiler discussion, the first was Avengers: Infinity War. I should do more of these.

Welp, goodbye then.

Previous review - Deadpool 2 (Spoiler Free)
Next review - Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday the 13th - Film Review

The Nun - Film Review

The Incredible Hulk - Film Review