Alien vs. Predator - Film Review

Predatorthon Day 3

Alien vs. Predator is directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and stars Sanaa Lathan, Raoul Bova, Lance Henriksen, and Ewen Bremner.

Plot
During an archaeological expedition on Bouvetøya Island in Antarctica, a team of archaeologists and other scientists find themselves caught up in a battle between the two legends. Soon, the team realize that only one species can win.

Review
You'd think an Alien and Predator crossover would be great, right? Right? Well this movie... it's just kinda passable.

It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not something I would really rewatch occasionally.

I actually watched this on IFC (not when they were showing Predator 1 and 2, but they were showing the Alien movies) over a year ago and this is my first time rewatching it. I watched the unrated version today and I don't think I could tell you what was added, as it's been over a year.

It's got some cool stuff, like showing the Predators have been coming to Earth for thousands of years and would teach humans how to build pyramids and were pretty much worshiped as gods, and the humans would sacrifice themselves as hosts for Xenomorphs, and the Predators would hunt them as a rite of passage. It was pretty cool getting a little more about the Predators' history.

It's also got a Predator making a spear out of the Xenomorph's tail, and some some of the action, like Xenomorphs vs. the Predators, is pretty good.

But other than that it's a bland, generic movie about scientists going to an uninhabited area to investigate something, and the movie as a whole is just rather forgettable.

I can't tell you a character's name other than Weyland (Lance Henriksen), from the other movies, and I can't tell you much about the characters except one guy has two kids.

If you take out the Xenomorphs and Predators and replaced them with something else, this movie would probably just be some obscure early 2000's sci-fi/action film.

The cast is ok, that's all I can really say.

I can't think of much else to talk about as I find this film rather forgettable. So in that case:

Overall, Alien vs. Predator is rather forgettable, bland, average. It's not the worst thing ever, but it isn't really that good either.

I'm going to give Alien vs Predator a 5/10.

I don't know if I'll continue this marathon tomorrow, but if not, I will continue it at some point, so don't be disappointed that I don't review anything tomorrow. My next review will be of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, I've not seen that movie, but I'm dreading it.

Previous review - Predator 2
Next review - Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonder Woman - Film Review

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - Film Review

2nd Greatest Movie Ever Made - The Disaster Artist - Film Review