Solo: A Star Wars Story - Film Review

Solo: A Star Wars Story is directed by Ron Howard and stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, and Paul Bettany.

Plot
With the emerging demand of hyperfuel and other resources, Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) finds himself in the middle of a heist alongside other criminals, where they meet the likes of Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) in an adventurous situation exposing the criminal underworld of the Star Wars saga.

Review
I will say that there are quite a few things I liked about Solo: A Star Wars Story, but there were a few things I didn't like about Solo: A Star Wars Story.

I don't want to get too much into what I thought about the movie because this is a spoiler review and I will make one of those later.

I think that this may be my least favorite of the Disney series so far, as I was slightly disappointed. There are some positives though.

The hyperspace scenes look amazing, and so does some of the action. Some of the cast is really good in the movie too.

Alden Ehrenreich was ok as Han Solo, there were some times where I was like "he's not bad", but I'm sure there are actors who could've been better at a younger Han Solo than Alden Ehrenreich, but he's not terrible.

I quite liked Woody Harrelson in the movie, he was actually one of my favorite characters.

Emilia Clarke wasn't bad as Qi'ra, but I didn't really care about her relationship with Han Solo.

Donald Glover was pretty good as Lando in my opinion. Where I couldn't see Alden as Han, it was the complete opposite for Donald, he actually feels like a younger Lando to me.

And Chewbacca was Chewbacca.

I know this was a short review but I didn't want to spoil much because I know that not many people have seen it yet.

Overall, Solo: A Star Wars Story as a minor disappointment for me. I mean I liked the movie, but there were some things I didn't like and I felt like it referenced the original trilogy too much, and the movie was a bit too (literally) dark at times, but it is enjoyable.

Solo: A Star Wars Story gets a 7/10.

Previous review - Star Wars: The Last Jedi Re-Review
Next review - Solo: A Star Wars Story (Spoiler Talk)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday the 13th - Film Review

The Nun - Film Review

The Incredible Hulk - Film Review